Lunar Eclipses

I'm a Cancer whose dominant planet is supposed to be the Moon. I don't know what that means but I have always been in love with the moon. It's probably because it's so silvery and I can stare at it unlike the Sun. When asked of what do I think of beautiful, I always think of the Moon.

But what's this I hear about a Total Lunar Eclipse happening? Let me look up what that really means according to Google definition:

Celestial event during which the Moon passes through the shadow of the Earth, temporarily darkening its surface.


Umm, so if the Moon will be covered by the Earth's shadow, how will you know that the Moon is in that precise place? I mean, the Moon is a big thing, but can you still see it? It's pretty obvious that I haven't seen a Lunar eclipse before, huh? I know Lunar eclipses happen a whole lot more than Solar eclipses and that they are safer to look at than the latter, but I at least wanna know what to expect and what time it's happening. So now, it's research time for me, and I will apparently increase Google's trend for lunar eclipses searches. :]

So my latest research says that this is going to be the last Lunar eclipse that I can see until 2010. Ummm, I've never ever seen a lunar eclipse before, but since this is going to be the last, I will be activating all the alarm clocks in the house just to see this baby.

This lunar eclipse is just like going to a celebrity-infused event, with cameo appearances by Saturn and the bright star Regulus. And to make it even more interesting, both will be appearing on either side of the moon, so I guess the middle part would be the unseen moon? Hahah, I'm so ignorant when it comes to Astronomy. I can't believe I even wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid.

Hmm, after some more reading, I finally find out that the lunar eclipse won't be "unseen". Instead it'll have a tinge of orange or red to it. I slightly remember having seen that happen before. So I guess I'm not so inexperienced with lunar eclipses.

What I want to know now is what time and when it's going to happen in Asia. But after some research, I still haven't found any information about it happening for people in Asia. I guess I'm not gonna be seeing Saturn then. Sad.

0 comments: