The Talented Mr. Montano

The Talented Mr. Montano. That is Brian Gorrell's blog which basically sums up how he lost all his life's savings to his ex-boyfriend, Filipino "socialite" DJ Montano, whoever he is.

I cannot believe I actually missed this piece of scandal had not Rodel posted a link to Brian Gorrell's blog for it. I mean I already knew that there are a ton of Paris Hiltons in the world, but unlike Paris Hilton, the guy being accused on the said blog isn't as rich as Paris Hilton. The Heiress is The Heiress, but this guy is accused of being a thief, a scammer, and well, the traditional Filipino money-grubber that rips off foreign nationals who are in love with them. Paris Hilton is just rich, shallow and whatever, but this guy is all of Paris Hilton, and that he steals. Paris Hilton doesn't need to steal. The guy is "known" in my country, but I, umm, have not heard of him until this day. And reading Brian Gorrell's blog made me go, "God, some people are just full of themselves." I was thinking that about the Gucci Gang.

It's a shame that so many Filipinos are engaged in activities such as this one, I mean, what is it about money that people are willing to belittle, abuse, hurt and even humiliate those who love them for it? I'm Filipino, and am not ashamed of my heritage, but knowing that a fellow Filipino is so evil, disgusts me. But it makes me want to go out into the world and show the world that not all Filipinos are like that. I personally have experienced something similar to that, and well, it just makes you want to do something bad.

Brian, if you even bother reading this, I sincerely hope that you do get your money back. $70,000 US Dollars is a lot. According to his blog, the money is for his treatment, as he is HIV-positive. Medicine is not cheap, especially for HIV, but check out my other entry about AIDS Medicine for Less, could be of some help to you.

0 comments: